The Divine Comedy - Come Home Billy Bird

I'm not the hugest Divine Comedy fan ever, but I do love Father Ted. Last night they had a Ted Night on Channel 4 which was the height of awesomeness. They got everyone (bar Mrs Doyle) back to the Parochial House, and visited some of the locations. They also interviewed Neil, as he did the opening music, and the awesome My Lovely Horse. It's funny the amount of places I've been to from Fr Ted without really setting out to, my family must just be geeky.
Anyway, in 2007 I went to a Travis gig in Dublin and with a few other people I met there we went into the afterparty (not sure if we were supposed to be there haha) and me and Dee spotted Neil Hannon (Dougie the bassist from Travis played on an album I think, so they must be mates) and were like 'OMFG' so I was a complete loser and asked for a photo. Because I have no shame. I only found out a few days ago Lauren Laverne did the backing for the album track, now I listen it does sound like her haha.

Comments

Popular Posts