The Ordinary Boys - Run This Town

New Ordinary Boys song! Well, Preston and Simon plus some new people... Anyway! I love this video, especially the first five seconds where there's just the old logo... reminds me of being seventeen.

I was looking through my shit in storage for winter jumpers the other day and I found a crapload of Ordinary Boys paraphernalia, including two t-shirts, two of the same scarves (one still in its packet...) and a record. My brother and I went to their gig in Limerick in 2005 and afterwards I bought a scarf, and then was like "where's Preston?" and someone said he was at the merch stand, so I went back and bought another scarf just to meet him... the word you're looking for is 'awesome'. I will always remember asking him about the album they were working on 'Brassbound' and thinking he was taking the piss when he described it. He was really cool though, actually seemed interested and we had a nice conversation. Sometimes musician types can be c*cks. I remember none of my friends were bothered, and then about a year later they all commented on my photo with him "OMG WHEN DID YOU MEET PRESTON?!!?! YOU NEVER TOLD ME." I made a 'me gusta' face.

Anyway, ramble ramble. They're doing a final kind of tour thingy in a few months, I'm going to drag my brother along again. Fuck yeahhhhh.

Comments

Popular Posts