New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

At one time I thought I'd never see New Order (playing as New Order) live. Now I've seen them twice in nearly as many months. It's unreal. I saw them on the 10th at the Troxy in London. I was so poor when they announced the gig I presumed I wouldn't be able to go, but I found a standing ticket on Thursday night for £29.00 (face value was about £40 so it was a bloody good deal!) I mentally prepared myself for it to be a scam as I had to meet someone to get them at 7pm outside the venue on the night. At about 10 past 7 I got the call. Unreal. I thought I would be far back because the line was gone by the time I got in, so I went and grabbed a drink, went to the cloakroom, and then headed into the venue. I got second row centre. So weird how chilled it was. That was until they came on. Holy holy fuck. It was the exact same setlist as in Brussels but because I was right in the thick of it, it was a completely different atmosphere. I've never had such an amazing time at a gig before. So many highlights... Bernard's dancing to Bizarre Love Triangle, 5 8 6, the crowd singing the intro to Ceremony, Blue Monday, and during the last verse of Love Will Tear Us Apart when Bernard motioned for everyone to be quiet while he sang 'do you cry out in your sleep...' etc, then motioned everyone to go mental for the final chorus. Fucking ace. And Stephen and Bernard rocking out at the end of LWTUA.... arghhhh. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves both in the crowd and the band. Didn't miss Hook at all. Best best best gig ever. Just before they left the stage Bernard said they would be back soon. Fuck yes.

Comments

Popular Posts