Frightened Rabbit - Oil Slick

I'd kind of gone off Frightened Rabbit over the last few years, I wasn't really a fan of their newer albums and the last time I saw them was 2010 at Glastonbury. After I found out Scott was missing, and then had died, I felt a bit weird about it. Not sad really... just kind of... unsurprised? I don't know. I didn't think too much into it, and it's not meant flippantly, it's just that for some people depression appears to be so chronic you brace yourself subconsciously. Anyway, I started listening to some of the newer albums after that (because there's only so many times you can listen to Floating in the Forth) and as soon as I heard this song, for sadly the first time, I felt this huge sense of loss. I think it's because I didn't appreciate them for so many years recently. Their older albums have always been on heavy rotation but I guess I didn't get to enjoy some good stuff while he was still around. 

'There is love but misery loves you.'

Comments

Popular Posts