Krystle Warren - Time Has Told Me

I discovered Krystle Warren from the Nick Drake concert at the Barbican in 2010, well, from the BBC broadcast. I always loved Nick Drake's music, and I was worried that hearing other versions would maybe ruin the songs (if they were bad) but it made me realise how unique his songs are, and how brilliant he was. It also made me realise how I prefer to hear them sing his songs than their own. I do like Krystle Warren's voice, and music, but there's nothing quite like her singing Time Has Told Me, it actually gave me goosepimples.
"Krystle Warren's voice reworks Time Has Told Me as grippingly raw, gospel-influenced Southern soul, a transformation so complete it even seems to ­surprise her fellow performers." ( The Guardian)

"So leave the ways that are making you be, what you really don't want to be
Leave the ways that are making you love, what you really don't want to love." 

Comments

Popular Posts