The Agitator - Get Ready

The other day I checked the BBC website and saw an article on the main page about my university, ohhh! Then I read they're cutting 70-80% (I've read conflicting numbers) of courses from the 2012... not cool. Supposedly they're cutting the courses with the least take up, but still... I think it's pretty shitty. Oh, and by the way my course is being cut. History. It's fucking ridiculous. Supposedly the Dean (who incidentally just left) submitted misleading, if not false, numbers on the cost of our course to the Vice Chancellor... nice. I still would be pissed off regardless, but I'm not particularly happy Malcolm never told anyone, we had to find out on the fucking news - and considering he's always sending out e-mails it seems a bit rude. Supposedly the worst case scenario is we'll be taught out our degree.... but I'm not sure that sounds great. People will lose their jobs, probably get bigger workloads, and the quality of the course will drop off - my friends course in Bournemouth Uni was cut two years ago and they were taught out, but supposedly all their resources got cut while they were still studying.

I really don't understand the Conservative mindset. My only thought is that they don't give a fuck about anyone apart from themselves, are keen on imposing ideological changes, and only give a shit about the bottom line. Bravo. The other day someone was sitting in their car with the window down and a Conservative flag... twat. I said loudly "Why would you vote Conservative? What a dick." I'm not even sorry.

Oh, and if you vote 'No' in the AV Referendum you're a stupid twat. 


Comments

Popular Posts