Arab Strap - The First Big Weekend

A few days ago I got an email from a facebook group I had joined saying there had been a leak that (BBC) 6 music, an online radio station is most likely being pulled, to redirect funding for some bullshit. It's seriously the only place that plays music I like anymore, since Colin Murray left his radio 1 slot, and Guy Garvey's Finest Hour is about the only radio show I regularly tune in for nowadays.
So when I found out today it was officially announced, I (like hundreds of thousands of other people) was pissssssed. Anyway, I decided to start listening more regularly to try and contribute to the numbers rising and convince the idiots to keep this great station online. In the 2 hours I was listening today (I've been sick.. haha..) sooo many good songs came on... from no particular genre or time period... also, this song was on. How many times do you seriously hear Arab Strap on the radio? If 6music goes, we're all fucked.

Comments

Popular Posts