Travis - Big Chair

Between 2003 and 2007 I was absolutely addicted to Travis (My favourite song is Writing To Reach You.) They were my most favourite band. The only reason I got into them is because I went to Scotland for a holiday and when I got back I was obsessed with anything to do with Scotland, and they were Scottish, so automatically I loved them. I had heard Why Does It Always Rain On Me? and the rest, but never knew who it was by.
     Then one night I heard Re-Offender (video directed by Anton Corbijn) on the radio and was hooked. I saw them live in Liverpool in 2005, and got to meet them at the indie disco, I remember Love Will Tear Us Apart was playing when I met Andy... I think I had a geek spasm. Their 2003 album '12 Memories' in my opinion, is their best. There was about 4 years inbetween albums, and there was quite a lot of build up to the new album. Big Chair was played a few months ahead of the release by Chris Martin on Radio 1. I loved it straight away. Then I heard the whole album (The Boy With No Name) which... I did not like (apart from Three Times And You Lose.)
     Then about a year and a bit later, Ode To J.Smith came, which I disliked even more. It's a shame really, because I really did love them. Now Fran, the lead singer, has got a solo album coming out... which I'm even less enthused about.
     I wonder if it's that I've moved on or their music is just not good anymore?


Comments

Popular Posts