Wu Lyf - Lucifer Calling

I had to catch the sleeper to Scotland a few days ago, so it was either NME or Q to read, and NME was cheaper... Usually I despise it, it seems to be written by failures with debatable taste usually focussing on arse-kissing mediocre bands. Haha. Ahem.
Anyway, I read about Wu Lyf, and thought... what a bunch of dicks. They seem to be cultivating some kind of mysterious reputation or some shit. I'm not sure if this is for the sake of it, for a joke, or they're being genuine... anyway, it's a good thing their music is actually cool. I also can't say I disagree with their treatment of A&R men (usually taking the piss out of them) Sometimes the NME is allowed to be right.
I also read an article referencing Travis which didn't involve insulting them (it actually complimented their Britney Spears accoustic cover, saying *thats* how you strip down a song to it's essence, type of thing) in an article about Bombay Bicycle Club. Maybe they were in a good mood this week?

"Ellery's voice is a revelation - like Leadbelly if he'd been a smackhead from Moss Side. Elsewhere they combust from Nick Cave into Mobb Deep, then consume their own ashes for nourishment." - NME

Comments

Popular Posts