The Strokes - Machu Picchu

I don't mind the new Strokes album too much, probably because I like electronic music. I was kind of expecting something more guitar'y though. Ah well.

I was listening to this song today when I came across a man smacking around his (quite big) dog on a busy street (Holloway Road)... I couldn't believe it. The poor thing got smacked in the face really hard several times, then he just turned his head back to look at the bastard while he carried on bollocksing him... It was the saddest thing, I felt physically ill. The dog was obviously used to it, which was the worst bit. The guy was ranting at him like he was a person who understood, and like he was purposefully being awful when he was just sitting there. If I were a man I would have gone over and had a go at him (to put it mildly), but I didn't feel comfortable since I'm a girl and if people were happy to walk past someone doing that repeatedly to a dog without blinking, they might do the same if he laid into me. I covered my mouth and stopped and looked at him square in the eye, and looked around for someone who saw it too I could talk to, but everyone just walked past. Then I went and got some lunch, but I couldn't concentrate so I came home and rung the RSPCA because I couldn't not do anything when that poor animal was being treated so badly. I wish I could have just taken the dog home, because I feel so sad just thinking about it.

Comments

Popular Posts