Bad Lieutenant - Sink Or Swim

When New Order parted ways in 2007 (to put it nicely) I was GUTTED. I didn't think I could go on... I had to ring up one of them helplines just to get through the day. No, not really... but I was sad... what was the point of living in a world without New Order (NO)? Then a few years later, it came out that Bernard and Phil were forming their own band with a guy called Jake (from a band called Rambo and Leroy) called Bad Lieutenant (pronounced Loo, not Left). With album appearances from The Stepehen Morris, and The Alex James amongst others.

I thought the album would be a shitty NO rip off of cruddiness and disappointment, but I liked it straight away (always a good sign, if you LOVE an album straight away you're almost guaranteed to hate it after a while).. and it's grown on me. So no disappointing album which almost ruins all their NO albums by association. The best thing about the album is that Jake and Bernard share lead vocals ie: This Is Home. Only NO purists miss Hook's bass, but I think of them as a new band so I don't mind... if you want the bass, listen to the NO catalogue.

My favourites are Dynamo, Poisonous Intent (which is basically a NO track, Morris did the programming) and the upcoming single Twist of Fate.
I saw them live in Brighton (Digital).. weird venue.. A-MAY-ZIN' performance. Looking forward to seeing them next month in London (fingers crossed).

Comments

Popular Posts