Bloc Party - Mercury

I loved Bloc Party's first album, their second... not so much... their third... I didn't really like at all. I thought Mercury sounded too different and not even that good, until I saw this performance on Jools Holland about a year ago. I started listening to their new stuff again, and have never got sick of Mercury it's so bloody brilliant!! They've managed to change their sound, but still sound like Bloc Party.. and not be shit. Not an easy task. I can't believe I never liked their new stuff... it's exactly my cup of tea.. I think it's because I loved their debut so much (Helicopter, Banquet, Positive Tension)
Thank god for Jools Holland, is all I can say.

"When I saw you last night I wanted to say, 
Run away with me, away from these cynics
That this could be the start of something truly real, 
But all that I could say was hey."

Comments

Popular Posts