Idlewild - Everyone Says You're So Fragile

When I moved to Ireland in 2003 I visited Scotland for a holiday, and soon after that I became obsessed with anything Scottish. First Travis (properly obsessssssed) and then Idlewild (after seeing the Love Steals Us From Loneliness and El Capitan videos on the telly).  I think El Capitan is my favourite music video ever. I saw Idlewild once in Glasgow, when I lived in Edinburgh in 2005. It was nearly Christmas time so they had no support act and played one accoustic set and one electric set. The mosh pit was one of the most epic I've been in... the kind where you stop being able to appreciate the music and have to focus all your energy on not being pulled under. I think it's about time for another Idlewild gig :) I remember when I moved back to Edinburgh in 2007 I was staying at a shitty hostel for a few days and I looked out the window, and there carved into the old rock window pane outside was 'What's Going On Out Of The Window Now?' it made me feel at home :).
I love their new album (i.e: Readers and Writers), but their first two (Hope Is Important and 100 Broken Windows) are incredible! This is off Hope Is Important (1998).

"What's going on out of the window now?"

                                                    

Comments

Popular Posts