Augie March - One Crowded Hour

Augie March is one of those bands who made you so glad they exist, because they have ACTUAL LYRICS. Their songs are like listening to crazy, beautiful, bedtime stories. Sometimes it's good to just listen to catchy music with a phat beat (jokes!), but when I hear their songs I realise how much lyrics actually matter. I got into this band in 2006, when I lived in Australia and this song was on at least once an hour on the radio, and for good reason... it's just so beautiful and amazing. They had a new album out in 2008 (Watch Me Disappear) which I'm currently catching up with. Anyway, this song along with The Cold Acre are my definite favourites, The Cold Acre was played on Finest Hour in BBC6, so you know it's good :).  And the video is seriously good too.

Another Aussie artist I like is Lior, whose song This Old Love which should be a cheesy love song, but really is just lovely. (I first heard it on Home and Away, yeah.... )

" You said 'What is this six stringed instrument but an adolescant loom?' "





Comments

Popular Posts