Elbow - Snooks (Progress Report)

Ah Elbow. Lovely lovely lovely. I first heard about Elbow in 2004. Thanks to Merih, an online friend, I got the back catalogue, and after about 6 months of listening on and off, it finally clicked. Now they're one of my favourite groups. I finally got to see them live in 2009, along with a lot of other smug people, secretly thinking 'yeah, I knew them before they won the mercury.'
I do think their newest album is pretty amazing, but their back catalogue (Asleep In The Back, Cast Of Thousands and Leaders Of The Free World) is superb too, if not better... less anthems and songs suitable for television highlights, but they leave a lasting impression. Mirrorball off the new album reminds me of their back catalogue. Snooks is my favourite track, others are Red, Scattered Black and Whites, Leaders Of The Free World, and Ribcage

"I got deep warm drunk/ And I lost my words/ And it does not hurt/ And that moon is/ Absurd."

Comments

Popular Posts