The Ordinary Boys - Talk Talk Talk

Ah, these were the days... in 2004 this band released their debut album (Over The Counter Culture), which is, despite what came after it, a classic. I don't listen to it much anymore, because it makes me sad at the waste of it. This is by far and away their best single.
In 2005 I went to see them play Dolan's in Limerick where they played live for the first time 'Boys Will Be Boys', and bought a scarf off Preston, the lead singer. I remember asking him about the new album (which would be known as Brassbound), and he said it would sound ska, with a lot of brass instruments, and a bit reggae (I thought he was taking the piss) it took him ages to stop talking about it, he was really enthusiastic about it. I then got my photo taken with him... (why not haha).
We all know what happened 9 months later.. I don't even want to mention it, because it's so stupid... needless to say the band no longer exist, and on the basis of their last album it's no great loss to music.
Ah, the waste of it all!
Check out Maybe Someday, Over The Counter CultureWeek In, Week OutDon't Live Too FastLife Will Be The Death Of Me.


"How's the weather? "GREY AND BORING!" It's back to work on "MONDAY MORNING!"
Oh, let it go tell me things I'd like to know, frighten me enlighten me, oh no."

Comments

Popular Posts