Malcolm Middleton - Devastation

I've been a fan of Malcolm Middleton's for about 3 or 4 years now, though I actually randomly saw him do an instore at FOPP in Edinburgh with his old band Arab Strap in 2005. Me and my friend Jasmine were like, 'we should go and say hello, just in case they're famous or something' so now I can say I've shaken his hand (unknowingly) :P Though I think they were a bit perplexed as to why we wanted to... haha. Anyway, I'm going to London in a week or so to see him perform, as he's taking some time out from solo work and it could be my last chance to see him live for a bit.
A few of my favourite songs of his are :Loneliness Shines. A version of the Alan Bisset poem The Rebel On His Own Tonight put to music for the album 'Ballads of the Book', which also features songs by Vashti Bunyan, Aidan Moffat, Idlewild, De Rosa, and King Creosote (amongst others).

 "And you're the only person that can make me feel alone
Just withdraw your eyes you'll hear me start to moan."



Comments

Popular Posts